Sign Up

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Review: Shattered by Love Healed by Sex

Shattered By Love Healed By Sex (Healing Ava's heart book Book 1)Shattered By Love Healed By Sex by Karina Covey
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

RAW. That's the word that came to mind as I was reading. Raw all the way around.

The writing style is different. Choppy. Unpolished. Raw. But it worked for this story because the rawness of the writing matched the tone and the action of the story. The author's own pain permeates every sentence of the story and that choppy style makes it hurt more.

The story is short, but told with a good flow to leave the reader guessing. Hayes skillfully keeps Ava's secrets until the suspense hits its peak. Even with the choppy, rapid fire style, the storytelling is good.

Yes, there are errors, but I didn't find them terribly intrusive. I also didn't think this was erotica. Sure, there was sex it in, but sex was used to further develop the characters, not to titillate.

What struck me was the main character's emotional state. It drove me crazy how many times she walked away, but all of that delivered an emotional punch, punctuated by the writing style.

This may not be the best score I've ever given, but I'm giving it the "Recommended by PL" seal. So many writers pull from their heads. Viviana Hayes writes from her heart, and she lays it all out in front of us, bleeding and raw.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment