Sign Up

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Review: Riding Redemption

Riding Redemption (The 47th Lancers, #1)Riding Redemption by Jolie Mason
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Even though Sci-Fi is NOT my thing, this was a truly enjoyable read. On the first page, I had to phone a friend to find out what a "mech" is. Once I figured out that it would look similar to the robot guy on my ten-year-old son's sheets, I settled in to take in the romance.

Mason's writing is slick and tight. No extra fluff to be found. I love that, especially in an action-packed story. I don't want extra words slowing down the pace. Mason did not disappoint. The story moved like a freight train.

In the middle of all kinds of action, there is a sweet love story. Two damaged people with a history work far too closely together to be apart. Their commanding officer gives them the gift of time to work out their differences. Which they do in a sexy hotel suite. This is not erotica. There is a virtuous fade-to-black alluding to a wild night before rushing back into battle.

Jolie Mason's writing is so good, I wish that her interests were more similar to mine. She's excellent.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment