Sign Up

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Blogging Because I'm Stuck

In two days I am going to a writing workshop at the local public library with my daughter. We started writing together in June, but after two chapters, we got busy. She's been with her grandmother a lot of the time, and I had two erotic stories with deadlines to work on. The problem is that I'd like to have a few more chapters ready before we attend the workshop. I can't fall back on the erotica I've written because my daughter is twelve.

So, you may ask. Why are you writing this instead of your story, Lee? Excellent question. I'm stuck. In the weeks since we've worked on it last, the story has lost its spark. I can't get back into the groove. I've tried reading. I've tried jigsaw puzzles. All my usual tricks for jump starting my brain. Still nothing.

It doesn't help that I didn't write down what I think was an important piece of the plot, so I'm not even sure where I was going with that. (I don't know how I managed that. I write EVERYTHING down. When I make a phone call, I write my own name down, just in case.) Sigh...

Here's my plan. I'm going to put myself into the head of a ten-year-old girl and take a shower. All the best ideas happen in the shower.

Thanks for listening.

Photo: https://www.flickr.com/photos/pnash/4211817208/in/photolist-4ReSvr-4Re79g-67gdEV-6VXYiE-v6ND11-6WRGEZ-qDQCV7-4G7FuP-5sWJC7-8YoJy2-dZTJa3-7qbEw5-4ReZ3K-bqVhh1-3K1ZTW-4oELpx-e95YRw-5WfpFB-bpkGgT-8821t5-4dRPkG-ocV4Qy-bxyRPP-5sSjbi-e7rWPL-5wiyC7-dpvaDx-c5ATFE-33qrxh-jE32uJ-bkc5DC-dKA7M3-4SbUyk-33kVBk-33kVnV-33kTMp-bUMrLY-7ywQ5T-5SrSR1-77JQwn-87XW22-VT4bn-5XB1yC-33kTTM-33qryy-8Goah4-6rt8Sg-fPhDAk-6WTEz5-7y4Qma


No comments:

Post a Comment